This brings back childhood memories from the Philippines, seeing my uncles and their friends driving one. Tho, not as rad as Joel’s 1946 Wills jeep or as we call it back home an Owner-type. I remember riding shotgun on one when I was 6 I think, it was very loud and had a very stiff suspension but it was so much fun. Anyways, I remembered when Joel finally unveiled his garage build jeep and told myself that I definitely need to shoot this machine, soon enough I had an opportunity.
I took my Dad along so he can enjoy the company and see me work. Finally we arrived at the venue with some friends with their super cool whips, more on them coming soon! anyways, I was ready to go. It was mid-day, very gloomy Sunday and I found the perfect spot out in the open gravel and it was showtime!
Hope you enjoy this Gallery of Joel’s ride! This wont be the last time I shoot this machine.
Here’s a Video from Larry Chen with Hoonigan:
Mod List Source: www.superstreet.com
- Nissan SR20DET swap; Datsun 240Z radiator; 610cc injectors; intercooler retrofitted from rotary-powered ’72 Toyota Corolla; custom engine and transmission mounts
- Five-speed manual transmission swap; ’82 Toyota Corolla eight-bolt rear-end with limited-slip differential.
- ECU flash
FOOTWORK & CHASSIS:
- Ford Mustang front suspension; K Bros Fabrication custom rollbar
- 14×8 front, 14×10 rear Colin Project x SSR Longchamp XR4 wheels; 165/55R14 front Federal, 225/50R14 rear Toyo R888 tires
- Vinyl wrap
- JEGS seats; Takata Racing seatbelts; Tom’s Racing steering wheel
- JDM California, @denzmechanic, @johnfobmovement, Takata Racing, @raystoys, @modjunkies, K Bros Fabrication, Colin Project, Toyo Tires, Tanginamo Lifestyle, Norman, Allen, and my wife and family